unclear on 2008 planning laws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an out building forward of house wall in my front garden. This has been there since 2006. I notice the laws say now that you can not have an out building in your front garden (No outbuilding on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation). Can anyone give me the rules on thsi as i am unclear. Does this mean i can be made to take down my out buildling even though its been up since before the laws came out in 2008? I hope someone can clear this up for me regards and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
No they can't make you take it down. The 2008 rules apply only to buildings built after the date of the rules. In any case A building that has stood for more than 4 years is immune from planning enforcement.

Thanks alot for that info Jeds, so even if i had to replace what i got there at some point, i take it i am fine getting a new log cabin ?

Thanks alot for that info Jeds, so even if i had to replace what i got there at some point, i take it i am fine getting a new log cabin ?

As far as I know, you can not replace the building or you will need planning permission for the new building. You can only do repairs to the current building.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back