Under cabinet and plinth lighting off mains light switch

It seems to becomming a bit more common again, especially on new builds.

A couple of advantages is you don't have all the wires of a loop in at the light fitting. Great for these fancy fittings with no wiring space, and it uses less copper than loop at the switch, but loop at the switch is still my preferred way.

Sponsored Links
It seems to becomming a bit more common again, especially on new builds. A couple of advantages is you don't have all the wires of a loop in at the light fitting. Great for these fancy fittings with no wiring space, and it uses less copper than loop at the switch, but loop at the switch is still my preferred way.
Interesting. However, it presumably results, or can result, in runs of Ls not paired with Ns, and/or vice versa, with all the consequential potential issues of fields/radiation etc?

Kind Regards, John

Il see if I can get a decent photo of the switch and I'm sure it's not twin and earth as I've used it before ,this stuff is single cables ,seems weird to me as other sparkys av used twin and earth but I'm starting to think this sparky has screwed up somehow he was very cheap too but I've got all the paper work to say its been passed .

Sponsored Links
Where abouts should he have connected the neutral if he has ,would it be in the fuse box or could it be possibly anywhere

Sorted it now turns out he had not connected the neutral in the fuse box also he had not wired the light switch for 2 lights only one ,I got a local sparky to have a look n he said crap way to leave it like he has

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back