Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone that can provide advice on my UFH design (attached). Each Run is circa 75m, I have gone for 150mm spacing at the front as there are large bi-fold doors. The top section has sufficient room height to install roughly 75mm insulation then 15mm pipes and a screed layer. the back of the area (below the green dotted line) has a step up therefore a lower room height therefore I was looking at installing overfit boards on top of a thin layer of insulation, then dry float boards to tile on top of. NOTE - I have not shown pipe under the kitchen cabinets (cabinets shown as maroon dotted lines)

I am thinking of john Guest (JG) components and laying ALL in 15mm pipe.

ANY advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• UFH DESIGN.pdf
    5.3 KB · Views: 349
  • UFH DESIGN.pdf
    5.3 KB · Views: 303
Sponsored Links
How much headroom have you got? Do you have space to build up the lower area more, so that the upper area can be done with a screed finish? Alternatively, if you're pushed for height, look at NuHeat's LoPro Max system, which doesn't need to have any insulation under it and has a 22mm height build.

It's hard to give sensible advice without knowing floor levels and ceiling heights.

Hi thanks. The lower part I.e. By the bifolds has a height of 2730mm and the high part (where the kitchen is) has 2302mm. Both currently concrete floors. I was looking at 75mm insulation then pumped screed on the 2730mm area then maybe the overfit boards on the higher section (2302mm). ???

Sponsored Links
OK, in that case you'd probably struggle to fit a traditional pipe-in-screed system, so a retrofit is going to be the best option in the area with less headroom. Overlay boards don't generally have a very high heat output so unless your house is insulated to reasonably modern standards you'll probably find that it's not warm enough. LoPro Max will give you a much greater heat output.

Your design is very pretty. If it was me, I'd have gone for as many straight runs and as few bends as possible - your design has created a lot of extra work for yourself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back