Underfloor Heating in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help with the question of what to use on top of a rather creaky wooden floor before installing underfloor heating. Is it OK to use the insulation board as sold by wickes or should there be a sheet of ply or hardboesrd under the insulation element.

Does anyone have any preference as to using a mat system or the cable type and if so from whom? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Unless its a very large bathroom, the UFH is unlikely to provide enough heat. Expect about 50w per m² !

I hope you realise how long the heat up time is likely to be!

I would have thought that "softboard" would provide both insulation and absorb movement.

You dont say what flooring you are planning to use. I would have thought that tiles would need a firm ply sheet underneath to avoid cracking.

Some of the electric heating elements can be placed directly under tiles within the adhesive thickness but be guided by the manufacturer's instructions.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back