Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if it is possible to add underfloor heating into a small kitchen running off the combi boiler.

I've seen diagrams on how it would need to be done adding an additional pump, but wondered why this was necessary? There's already a radiator right at the end of the kitchen that runs almost directly from the boiler but it size isn't good enough and there is no wall space available to add a larger radiator and it would allow for more cupboard space in an already small kitchen if I could get rid of the radiator altogether.

There's an ample step down into the kitchen to allow for the raising of the floor for insulation and the pipe work.

Thanks

Gobz. :D

Sponsored Links
It may be easier for you to add a hydronic plinth/kickspace heater.

The diagrams you refer to include an additional pump and blending valve such that the temperature of the water in the UFH loop can be reduced to a more sensible level, as the 60-65 degrees used for the radiators is far too high for a floor surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back