UNDERFLOOR HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a.s. move this to the correct forum if this is the wrong one...:)

i am looking to buy a house with underfloor heating on the ground floor and normal gas central heating radiators on the upper floor

i think the underfloor heating is electrical and the property looks as if it has a solid floor from the estate agents website

i cant view it or get further details for a couple of weeks but need to know if possible in advance the pro's and con's

i would like to know of any of you chaps have this type of heating and what your views are on heating performance and comparible cost to running against normal gas central heating

cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
Age of the house? Most post-war are likely to be solid floor. If installed from newly built I would guess that it would be a wet undefloor system as it has rads on the floor above.
If it's a wet system then should be quite efficient but all depends on age and Building Regs in force at the time (for insulation etc). Electric likely to be more expensive to run but everyone uses heat differently so hard to make a judgement unless more info available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back