Underfloor Heating

Thanks folks, sorry about the confusion. It is defo 1.5mm thats used and the length is only 1.2M in an uninsulated plasterboard wall.

Furthermore whilst waiting on my mate arriving ( he will be coming tomorrow to do the final bits ) I checked with the manufacturer of the UFH and they recommend that as there is already an RCD on the board, a fused spur is fine.

Whats the consensus on that?

Sponsored Links
You have a stated load of 12A so your 13A fused spur should be okay - though for Ring final circuits there is an advisory reference in BS7671 that certain cookers, ovens and hobs with a power rating exceeding 2kw should be on their own radial circuit.
I know that doesn't include your under floor heating but I personally would advise you to put it on its own RCD protected circuit if at all possible.

Don't you not think you should be talking to your 'electrician' friend regarding these requirements. After all he may not agree with our recommendations and since he will signing the new circuit off I would think he would want to have a say in how you install this product.
hmlt - you really, really, MUST take that advice.

Also on that photo of db's, the down sockets only seem to have an rcd fitted and no overcurrent device so that will need rectifying

my bad! :( cheers rf, i can see it now

Sponsored Links
I know folks, for all I ask for the advice and try my best to make sure everything is correct and easy for him to finish it, if he says different when he gets here, so be it. Generally speaking he rarely does, but then its rare I have to ask for advice, just UFH that I have never even messed around with ever.

Yup and all I get is unreadable nonsense.

I mean, I know my eyes are not what they once were, but they're not quite that bad!!

I did think it may be an RCBO, though.

rcbo.png

Top-hole, old bean! I can see that clear as day!

Although you have to take marks off the guy for labelling the sockets as "PLUGS". :rolleyes:

So, just to get this right, you're telling me I have been using the wrong table for T&E my entire professional life if I have not been using 4D5?
That would depend how long your entire professional life extends back, as already mentioned table 4D5A covered flat T&E in 16th editions.
So it is very likely that you have been.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back