Underfloor insualtion for heating

Sponsored Links
Have to ask, what makes you think it is any good ?

What's good about it? It's only 7mm thick and should be better than 12mm of PIR.

It isn't going to be nearly as good as 100mm of PIR, but that's not an option for the OP.

My point is, that everything is a compromise. If you want effective insulation, under 12mm and cheap, it isn't going to happen. Perhaps you can't get effective insulation under 12mm at any price.

Sponsored Links
@RossR
What's good about it? It's only 7mm thick and should be better than 12mm of PIR.

That's really good. Maybe you can tell me where it says that in the link you gave, I can't find it.

If you want effective insulation, under 12mm and cheap, it isn't going to happen. Perhaps you can't get effective insulation under 12mm at any price.

Eureka - comprehehsion at last,.

Truth is that any UFH with 10 or 20 mm insulation is a useless con unless it warns you about major heat-losses and the associated VERY large heating bills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back