Underpin internal self-loading wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just taken up a few floorboards to find that the wall between the lounge and the kitchen is supported on the floorboards running from one room into the other. Both the kitchen and the lounge are suspended floor. I want to start to install UFH in the lounge. The kitchen will eventually have a solid floor construction laid when I start the extension. As I intend to remove the floorboards to lay the insulation and UFH, I believe I will have to construct a support under the internal wall. I think I need to build a honeycomb sleeper wall. Have you guys got any thoughts - Would this be sufficient, or can you recommend anything else?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
theDIYbigrefurb, Hi

It is not all that unusual to have a wall built off floor boards, but, there is a general rule that states there should be a so called double joist, that is two floor joists touching each other side by side directly below the wall.

Question? what is the wall made of that is resting on the floor?

How are you going to construct a Solid floor in the Kitchen ?

Ken

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The wall is brick construction, half brick thick. There is no sign of double-joisting.

I will be getting a builder in to assist with the solid floor construction. Are you possibly thinking about the retaining element of the wall upon the floor being laid?

Cheers,

Aaron.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back