undersink water filter tap stops working after lack of use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, thank for your help in advance.

ive got this filter tap from screwfix. was abroad for 7 months, came back and the water was coming out of the tap very slowly. got better the more i used it but never properly came back to life. just been away for a month and now the tap is totally not working. i took the filter out and water is going into the filter for sure. it ijust not coming out of the other side. i took the filter out and smacked it around a bit, assuming its clogged somewhere. didnt rlly do anything for flow of water.

does it just need a new filter? any way to revoer this filter?

some help on this please?

Sponsored Links
It's doing its job, and being left for a few months, the sediment has solidified. Change the filter.

oh right, fair enough, thank you mate. i will get a new one.. is there a way to avoid this at all other than keeping the tap running

changed the filter and doesnt seem to be working. tested the supply of water again without the filter being fitted, water isnt coming out. no clue whats going on. thought i'd show you guys my setup. let me knw your thoughts please cheers.

ps. i previously twisted the long rod and it started working (water flowing) although not as much as before. tried same thing now and not helping. at a loss as to what to do.

pls help! thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 10.49.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 10.49.17 PM.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 51
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 10.49.18 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 10.49.18 PM (1).jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 55
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 10.49.18 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 10.49.18 PM.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
hi, please can someone help? im wondering if i screwed the thing in too tight and its hitting the other side of the pipe on the inside and therefore no longer has access to water.

If you've screwed it all the way in (clockwise) ,have you not turned it off ?
Loosen it of with tap open and see if water flows

Was going to say, the nut section of that would normally be the cutting part of the fittings and the T handle would normally be the tap allowing the supply to be turned on and off. The link doesn't seem to go to the page with the tap on it, what's the taps make/model?

Self cutting fittings, terrible things.

Last edited:
the website added that link by itself, not sure why. below is the link to the kit.

i will check the T handle switch, i thought it was the bit that drills into the pipe. maybe i just turned it off and that's why its not working.

i did actually mess with it a before i posted and water wasnt flowing, i will loosen it and hopefully it works!

also i saw that there looks to be a leak where the T handle attaches. does it look like an issue?

sorted! so i did tighten it too much.

thanks so much for your help guys. really appreciate it.

Section 7 of the instructions where you need to wind the piercing screw (T Bar) back until it flows freely. If that's starting to leak then there's not a lot you can do about it. There will be the o-rings in there that will be wearing and they may be difficult to service.

If it was me I'd be looking to see if the red tube could be disconnected and if it can then see what size it is then use a proper tee/ ISO valve and then adapter to fit the red supply pipe to it. Otherwise I'd be getting a 1/4" adapter and cut the red tube and fit it directly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back