Understanding Evohome a bit better

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I realise that honeywell evohome is both flexible and can be quite complex in it's setup.

I'm just starting to consider whether i might want it and have a couple of questions.

First, am I correct in thinking that if you want to convert S plan to evohome you use the evohome wireless relays so that the relay output signal replaces the original thermostat's demand signal, and remove the existing programmer? What I mean, is that evohome will use the wireless relay and the wiring centre to open the existing zone valve, which will in turn (in the conventional way) make the boiler fire?

Second- I have two zones at the moment - roughly upstairs and downstairs (S plan plus). If I wanted an evohome zone per room using the radiator heads, is evohome clever enough to understand that one set of zones hang off one of the zone valves and the other set hang off the other zone valve?

Thanks for your help

slip

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back