uneven brake wear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have about 25,000 miles or so on my car and checked my brakes because I heard a noise and my back drivers brake was medal to medal while my other back brake is just fine. I took it to my dealership and they are telling me there is nothing wrong with the car, so Im on here asking what could be the cause of it. Also I my dealership never once told me about my brakes or that there was a slight uneven wear in them.

Sponsored Links
Things we look for in situations like this are the brakes not retracting once they have been applied......one simple test is to feel the temperature of the suspect wheel. If its hotter than the others then there's a problem.
Sticking brakes is often down to a build up of dirt and brake debris on the callipers and pads, internally collapsed rubber flexible pipes and possibly - but not common - a master cylinder fault.
John :)

If those pads are from the same calliper, it's likely that the pistons on one side (the good side) are sticking. Often caused by build-up of crud behind the piston (has the fluid been changed at all?). Remove the pads and gently work the pistons in and out to free them. Then replace all pads on that axle.

Sponsored Links
Back