Uneven Concrete Pad

Just a thought (no experience myself): would it not be possible to hire a face/surface grinder to take the high points down to meet the lowest?

Sponsored Links
Would it be madness to put down a big sheet of exterior ply, say 12mm thick? The base of the tub and the stiffness of the board will take up the un-evenness. I have seen loads of spas put onto riven paving, concrete, you name it, and there's never been a problem........I wonder if you are worrying too much. Not that you should have to pay for the carp job, mind you!

It might be that I am worrying too much. But I really dont want to risk damaging £8K worth of hot tub and invalidating the warranty. I have spoke with a number of Hot Tub Suppliers and they all say that the base needs to be flat or I risk cracking or distorting the shell, and it may not become a problem for a number of years.

I am still thinking overlaying the concrete pad with some 50mm pavers is the best solution. I am still however chasiing the builder to give him a chance to sort it out. But he just doesnt want to answer his phone. I wont say anything too negative about him just yet, I will give him until mid next week. I think its then a name and shame on myhammer - hopefully he is reading this post. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back