Uninstalling Honeywell Accenta G4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m a complete novice to these things. I moved in to house in 2018 with an old Honeywell alarm system installed. I’ve never used it and I would like to replace it with a wireless one that will send notifications to my phone etc.

I’m therefore looking to uninstall the existing system. I’m very wary of doing this as I don’t want to set the bell alarm off if it thinks I’m tampering with it. Am I right in thinking that if I disconnect the battery in the control panel and then disconnect the mains that I’ll be able to then remove the bell alarm from the front of the house without it going off?

I’ve tried searching on Google and on here but all I could see that was quite generic was the below link. The second post/first reply seems to suggest so, but just want to double-check.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-do-i-remove-old-alarm-system.171081/#post-1162182

Thanks in advance
JPCAMPS

Sponsored Links
What system are you going to replace it with.
You could till use the hard wired bell box with some hybrid control panels.

It will just be a more budget one rather than an expensive one. Likely the Veho Cave for £190 (plus extra PIRs and door sensors). It comes with a wireless external bell, so wouldn’t need the wiring, but thanks for suggesting.

https://www.safe.co.uk/products/cave-smart-home-alarm-pro-kit.html

Just in terms of removing the current alarm, would disconnecting the battery wire and the mains be enough to stop the bell from going off?

Sponsored Links
why would you want wireless when cables etc are in and could be reused.

as suggested hybrid might be a better way forward if your expanding the system at the same time.

always hard wired before wireless

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back