University fees...

Im...to help you understand a bit. The debts for most students will be higher than 20k and likely for some over 30k because it's just not the fees.
Not nice to come out of uni with that hanging over your head.

Thought I'd update my own data

Universities will have to charge at least £7,000 a year to cover the loss of government funding and some elite degrees are expected to cost up to £12,000 a year, although no cap will be set.

Some graduates on the most popular courses at the best universities could leave university with debts approaching £50,000. It is expected that graduates will have to repay their loans at a rate of about nine per cent of earnings each year. The debts will be written off only after 30 years.

I would of thought that if they hadn't the parents to fund this then the student is going to need counciling.

Sponsored Links
As has been said before ( ;) ) we already have a graduate tax...

Because the more you earn, the more you pay back!

Why invent another little wheeze unless you wish to enslave financially the young earlier...

So what next, a 'nursery tax'...?

oops, we already have that, but when a parent's ability to pay is exhausted, it's only natural to look at the next generation to be 'mortgaged' to the hilt before they even start... ;)

In America fees can be anywhere from $5000-$30000.

Some people start saving from when their kids are born.

It's finding the balance of how much to charge that's tricky.

I think some courses like medicine, teaching degrees, nursing etc should be subsidized by us (the taxpayers), as society will benefit.

But if someone once to do a degree in Teletubbies they should pay for it themselves.

Cheers

G

Sponsored Links
Back