University Fees..

Sponsored Links
£6500 under the new system is an absolute ripoff for what you receive - a few lectures and marking of some assignments.

Plus one-to-one tuition by highly qualified and experienced academics, access to expensive laboratory equipment and, hopefully, a meaningful qualification from (presumably) a highly regarded university.
If you happen to go to Oxbridge perhaps...(although I see they now want £16k+)

Elsewhere it is indeed generally even more of a rip-off, with none of those 'benefits' you mention...(let alone the fact that the real cost is the £100k+ you end up paying back!)

You cannot be serious!

I'm sure that most if not all university academics are highly qualified and experienced; any student has access to at least his/her personal tutor; I know of no Mechanical Engineering degree courses that do not make use of expensive laboratory equipment and, apart from a few third-rate 'universities' in this country, a degree is certainly meaningful - especially if it is gained from a Russell Group university.

Your assertion that the only UK universities worth going to are Oxbridge is rubbish!

£6500 under the new system is an absolute ripoff for what you receive - a few lectures and marking of some assignments.

Plus one-to-one tuition by highly qualified and experienced academics, access to expensive laboratory equipment and, hopefully, a meaningful qualification from (presumably) a highly regarded university.

Elsewhere it is indeed generally even more of a rip-off, with none of those 'benefits' you mention...(let alone the fact that the real cost is the £100k+ you end up paying back!)

You cannot be serious!

I'm sure that most if not all university academics are highly qualified and experienced; any student has access to at least his/her personal tutor; I know of no Mechanical Engineering degree courses that do not make use of expensive laboratory equipment and, apart from a few third-rate 'universities' in this country, a degree is certainly meaningful - especially if it is gained from a Russell Group university.

Your assertion that the only UK universities worth going to are Oxbridge is rubbish!
So when did you go to Uni?

If you think a second rate education is worth £100k+ then you are really out of touch!

Sponsored Links

One to one tuition?... Lectures to multiple students and lots of 'self taught learning'.
I work with more highly qualified and experienced professionals on a daily basis.
I have access to equipment that makes uni's equipment look like fisherprice on a daily basis.
The piece of paper is why I'm there, I'm already an industry professional.

You cannot be serious!

So when did you go to Uni?

If I recall correctly, 1986 to 1990.

If you think a second rate education is worth £100k+ then you are really out of touch!

I don't recall mentioning fees. As it happens, I was lucky enough to get a grant. I probably wouldn't have bothered if I'd had to pay £100k. By the way, I thought annual fees at a good university were in the region of £9000 x three years = £27000.

Whether the university offers a 'second rate' education is open to debate. Some degrees are, in my opinion, more useful than others: Mechanical Engineering, for example, seems a better option than Media Studies (in my opinion).

One to one tuition?... Lectures to multiple students and lots of 'self taught learning'.

My wife is a senior lecturer in radiography at a university (not Russell Group, btw). She delivers 'lectures to multiple students', although these are in the minority; plans, organises and supervises problem-based learning (which could be described as 'self-taught learning', at least in part), and spends a great deal of time teaching and advising on a one-to-one basis.

I might add that her department is one of the most highly regarded in the field of radiography training, so she must be doing something right.

My daughter goes to a Russell Group uni - gets paid £60K for doing it. Top that. :p

Sponsored Links
Back