University Fees..

Because you feel, the rich have a responsibility for everyone else?

We all have a collective responsibility. It is unfortunate that super rich pay the lowest rates of taxes and thus proportionately contribute the least.

The 20 year old who spends most of his time outside of work drinking and smoking is perhaps the biggest contributor. He spends all of his money each week with much going on alcohol and tobacco- both of which are taxed very highly. The rest he spends on junk food and entertainment both being max vat rated.

Contrast this with the super rich who pay 20k pa to an accountant to help him avoid millions in tax whilst he lives in a tax haven.

The 20 year old is paying far more in relative terms, how can that be fair?

Now contrast that with the future influx of higher educated graduates that will come here from abroad (because we don't have enough of our own)- given that our state has never given them anything they will be the biggest net contributors. Will we regard them as welcomed assets?

Sponsored Links
Maybe they should have done a better degree.
Or maybe not bother at all....your solution leads to the dumbing down of uk plc!

Not really.
My solution (and the proposal) is that people pay back money AFTER they have be taught..or when they are no longer 'dumb' as you call it.

If they still end up in tescos they will never really have to pay it back as they are unlikely to go over the threshold...but the question should really be, what can you graduate from and receive a degree and still be stupid enough to end up in Tescos? Which leads me to believe that any shelf stacker graduates in tesco took the wrong degree.

Don't try and pretend i'm saying I don't think people should go to University, that is not what i have said.

Sponsored Links
If they still end up in tescos they will never really have to pay it back as they are unlikely to go over the threshold.

Under the current system and the proposed changes they will still be liable for the debt. The fact that are in a low paid job just means that they wont be making payments.

In such circumstances the debit will be in the hundreds of thousands by the time that they reach their sixties.

Perhaps more if future governments raise the interest rates.

We currently have an odd situation where non affluent parents are leaving large legacies because of their properties. This will cease to be the case if you are born to low paid graduates.

the old maxim comes to mind...... you think training is expensive ....... try ignorance!! Degrees should be free but only offered to the brightest and most deserving, regardless of status ......... oh the utopian world in my mind :LOL:

the old maxim comes to mind...... you think training is expensive ....... try ignorance!! Degrees should be free but only offered to the brightest and most deserving, regardless of status ......... oh the utopian world in my mind :LOL:

bullsh*t!!

bullsh*t!!

Fellow notters, ignore her, it's just a lovers tiff!!

erm no its not....your talking rubbish thats all!!.....

ps....your dinner is in the postman!

bullsh*t!!

Fellow notters, ignore her, it's just a lovers tiff!!

erm no its not....your talking rubbish thats all!!.....

ps....your dinner is in the postman!

oh happy birthday by the way, postie should be delivering some cheese later

joe no they just push their kids more to learn
blacks come off worse though so it won`t happen
whites and asian come of the same

ho happy brithday dianna hope pat enjoys stroking your cat
is it black and white

Sponsored Links
Back