Free money!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, I have just discovered something wonderful. If you have a Falihax credit card and use it, the money is effectively free. I have found this out because no matter what I do, and who I phone at Falihax (with Switch card in hand), none of them want me to pay my bill! They claim it is because my current account is with Watnest, but I think they just don't want me to make a fuss of them for being so nice.

Someone else has suggested that they have just started preventing Switch payments in order to boost their revenue from late payment charges... but surely a bank isn't shrewd and cynical? :LOL:

But I jest. I am really annoyed by this as to pay the statement by post requires me to send them an eastern European by post... but I don't have any envelopes big enough to send them a Czech, (nor a Hungarian, Slovakian etc... ;) ). Unless they mean a "cheque", whatever that is... Apparently people used to use them to pay for things, like a Switch card. Only, unlike a Switch card, "cheques" are accepted by Falihax. I mean, who would think that a global bank with vast resources wouldn't have the facilities to accept what is arguably the most popular form of payment now.

Alternatively I can take the slip of paper at the bottom of the statement to my bank and pay it directly from my account. However being a busy bee earning money all day, I don't have the opportunity to visit a bank during their highly limited opening hours. When will they realise that a highstreet branch is a service industry and needs to stay open outside of office hours? :evil: :mad:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Unless they mean a "cheque", whatever that is... Apparently people used to use them to pay for things, like a Switch card. Only, unlike a Switch card, "cheques" are accepted by Falihax. I mean, who would think that a global bank with vast resources wouldn't have the facilities to accept what is arguably the most popular form of payment now.
I remember a time when they used these bits of paper and lumps of metal I think they were called money? :)

I don't think switch exists anymore, try paying by 'two annoying penguins' instead. :evil:

(otherwise known as 'Solo')

Are two 40" technicolour penguins dancing and singing in your lounge scary after a few??? (I'll stick with the narrow screen then!) :D

Sponsored Links
I'm not surprised they don't want your money.

Now, if you banked with a real firm like Halifax or NatWEst, maybe they would recognise your card.......... :LOL:

PS MMJ....Switch is now Maestro, not Solo.........

So now you can pay using an ageing BL motor.......

speaking of advertising, charites advertise.....give £2 /3 pm where do you suppose that goes? admin and avertising most of it, some in some ones pay cheque, whats left to do what they said it was for, ogh and some to pay the people/ phone bill who phone asking would you like to give as you have given before, but not recently

Back