University students to be refused student loans......

Sponsored Links
I'm inclined to agree with you on that...

Or on the other hand if people have been entering university courses without these basics and have been passing, does that mean that the degree isn't much Kop....

It's argued there's a lot of pointless degrees (my pet hate is philosophy)

There is more pointless courses here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...ion-to-the-most-useless-uni-degrees-in-the-uk

And I'm sure there is likely more I've not heard of.

On the whole I agree too. But it's hard to argue that a history degree student a) is doing a pointless course, and b) that he/she would have done better at history with a maths GCSE!

Some it appears don't value the Arts!

But the whole idea of encouraging more students to go to University was to change the free tertiary education system into the american business model.

I see at the same time the loan pay back threshold has dropped by £2295 and remain frozen for 5 years, effectively a year on year tax rise...

Plus loans will now continue for 40 years instead of 30...

What with unreachable house prices and crippling rents, the nasty party are well on the way to their goal of creating a permanent underclass and stifle social mobility!

How come most EU countries can offer free/low cost university education and get on fine?

Sponsored Links
**** the arts! Like it or not, there are plenty of what some would describe as lower end jobs in this country. All of them are necessary and have to be done. We can't have ALL of our students going to university and coming away with worthless degrees otherwise none of them will want to do those low paid but necessary jobs. What would Ellal and co do if their streets weren't swept, their cars weren't washed, windows weren't cleaned, supermarket shelves weren't stacked or their bins weren't collected - get some poor foreigner to do it?

So come on @ellal, tell us who should do those jobs. (This is where Ellal disappears from this thread).

Last edited:
Pointless 'virtue' signalling from the Government. This just stops universities exercising discretion for someone who doesn't have the standard qualifications but has the potential.

**** the arts!
Let's bring every one down to the same level as the lowest educated people. :rolleyes:

Then the service industry will be devastated: no films, no plays, no music, no opera, no ballet, no theatres, no galleries, no cinemas, no high class restaurants, etc. In short: no art! :rolleyes:

**** the arts! Like it or not, there are plenty of what some would describe as lower end jobs in this country. All of them are necessary and have to be done. We can't have ALL of our students going to university and coming away with worthless degrees otherwise none of them will want to do those low paid but necessary jobs. What would Ellal and co do if their streets weren't swept, their cars weren't washed, windows weren't cleaned, supermarket shelves weren't stacked or their bins weren't collected

Import cheap eastern block labour.....

Expect those of a "supposed" lower race do those jobs so the artsy fartsy imperialists of the English "working middle class" can scoff while at the same time shouting racist at all an sundry to deflect from their own racist connotations.......

Or get those on benefits off there arses and into work..... Bring back work houses I say... :ROFLMAO:

Import cheap eastern block labour.....

Expect those of a "supposed" lower race do those jobs so the artsy fartsy imperialists of the English "working middle class" can scoff while at the same time shouting racist at all an sundry to deflect from their own racist connotations.......
I wouldn't describe those who use racist abuse at immigrants, as "artsy fartsy imperialists of the English working middle class".
upload_2022-2-24_9-22-23.png

Pointless 'virtue' signalling from the Government. This just stops universities exercising discretion for someone who doesn't have the standard qualifications but has the potential.

If they cannot grasp the basics, how can they then have potential?

There is so much help for this at GCSE level these days whether your dyslexic or anything other that really there is very little excuse not to pass these basic exams.

There is already an awful lot of money tied up in those that drop out of uni and then rarely pay the loan back.

If they cannot grasp the basics, how can they then have potential?

There is so much help for this at GCSE level these days whether your dyslexic or anything other that really there is very little excuse not to pass these basic exams.

There is already an awful lot of money tied up in those that drop out of uni and then rarely pay the loan back.
There isn't always the help, some people go to **** schools. Some people's parents die in their GCSE year, some people turn their lives around after doing **** at age 15.

That flexibility is now going away. For what?

Is it just me that is wondering what the Fuchs they are doing on university courses if they haven't got a basic grasp of those subjects?

Art, music, drama, sports science etc etc? Don't you like being entertained in the comfort of your front room?

Many people are late developers - some go to uni to make up for the failings of a **** secondary school. Many do much better in life because of it.

But this seems like a war on universities - first they lose a bulk of foreign (EU) students, and now deterring poorer and poorer educated children from getting a better education.

Art, music, drama, sports science etc etc? Don't you like being entertained in the comfort of your front room

Yes, I do but I don't think it necessary for them to have a degree to do that.

I'm not necessarily saying university is a bad thing for those with the aptitude for it but come on, it's not for everyone. By letting every Tom dick and Harry go to uni, it's devaluing the degrees for those that get them. I often demand to see the degree of the person serving my McMeal before considering buying one these days. :rolleyes:

I'll ask you the same question as I asked Ellal earlier. Who is going to be willing to do the necessary low paid jobs that we all rely on if every person was to go to university and study for a degree? Poor foreigners?

Last edited:
This is just to distract from the Government screwing lower paid graduates even more whilst leaving better paid ones no worse off.

(This is where Ellal disappears from this thread).
What a stupid old man you are :LOL:

Like it or not, there are plenty of what some would describe as lower end jobs in this country.
These can be done by anyone (50% don't go uni), but through choice...

Are you for forcing the less well off/less well educated to 'service the better off/better educated?

And are you for limiting social mobility?

You do sound a bit like a disciple of Rees Mogg!

**** the arts!
And thus an ignorant fool has revealed yet another prejudice!

Sponsored Links
Back