Why does the average university student appear to lack brains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two problems really. First, it was probably freshers week / fortnite - no lectures, time to get settled in and meet people.
Second, ****ty halls of residence that are like being in a carpeted prison cell. You'd go stir crazy in a day if you stayed in your room. Arundel is a new hall, but I suspect no better than the one I stayed in up the road, probably even smaller rooms now!

The so called night club was probably in a canteen area, the only place in halls where people can actually meet other people. They are not designed to be social places really, which is a bit of a design flaw when building a place for students to live. But it's cheaper that way.

Here it is being built:
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4058097,-1.5023356,3a,75y,261.33h,110.67t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s4WGxLK27kMqLp6EhTiR5JA!2e0!6s//geo2.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=4WGxLK27kMqLp6EhTiR5JA&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=211.36969&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

Carpeted ? Lol, bloody luxury! Most are en suite these days, with TV points and internet. Our rooms had a smaller than single bed (designed to discourage certain activities) a chair, desk, small wardrobe and sink, that was it.

It did have a main dining / entertainment hall though.

Here is a picture of a typical room

hiatt-c-thumb-02.jpg

Oh, the luxury :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
that looks a bit like the room I stayed in. Basin was very handy.

I wonder if these students were breaking rules. They are all living in the same big house really, like one massive family. It's not like they have their own private living areas. Can rule of 6 really be expected in halls of residence?

Me. And lots of other careful people like me. And those isolating. And those quarantining. And the friends and relatives of the 42,143 that have died (so far) from this virus. And those that have lost their livelihood. And those who haven’t seen loved ones for months. And those that have cancelled weddings. And those who's mental health has suffered because of lockdown. And those that have been unable to be with a loved one when they went to hospital or be with them as they passed away. And those that have been unable to attend a funeral of a dear friend or relative. That’s who. Quite a few of us can 'blame them' actually.

Perfectly explained.

Sponsored Links
Me. And lots of other careful people like me. And those isolating. And those quarantining. And the friends and relatives of the 42,143 that have died (so far) from this virus. And those that have lost their livelihood. And those who haven’t seen loved ones for months. And those that have cancelled weddings. And those who's mental health has suffered because of lockdown. And those that have been unable to be with a loved one when they went to hospital or be with them as they passed away. And those that have been unable to attend a funeral of a dear friend or relative. That’s who. Quite a few of us can 'blame them' actually.

Easy for you and the old farts who thanked and liked your post to say. None of us have had to cope with anything remotely like this.

Your definition of soldiering on through the pandemic is doing less work than before, eating well, days out, and postng photos of bottles of whichever wine you're quaffing each evening.
And raking in cash like it's going out of fashion.

They're coping with the **** we've all been dealt in their own way, just like you are.

And my post might come across as being antagonistic and insulting, but I don't intend it to be so. Just a blunt, contrary viewpoint. :)

You think the world revolves around you.
I have news for you : you're not the only one who thinks so.

You just labelled me an old fart and purported to tell me what my experience during the pandemic has been. I'm telling you that you are wrong on both counts. I know what my experience has been and the experience of the community I live in. And it ain't pretty.

I know the world doesn't revolve around me but you appear to think that other people think that the world revolves around me. I have no idea why people would think that. I'm not in any position of power or influence so why would they? You seem a bit confused.

You just labelled me an old fart and purported to tell me what my experience during the pandemic has been. I'm telling you that you are wrong on both counts. I know what my experience has been and the experience of the community I live in. And it ain't pretty.

I know the world doesn't revolve around me but you appear to think that other people think that the world revolves around me. I have no idea why people would think that. I'm not in any position of power or influence so why would they? You seem a bit confused.

No, I labelled you an old fart.
I know nothing of your experience of the pandemic, and didn't claim to : I was clearly, obviously, and (having quoted him) referring to @Mottie.

I don't think that "other people think the world revolves around" you: I clearly stated that you think the world revolves around you ( that your opinion is the final world on the subject). I pointed out that you are not alone in that regard.

It is you who is confused.

How many global pandemics have you lived through?

No, I labelled you an old fart.
I know nothing of your experience of the pandemic, and didn't claim to : I was clearly, obviously, and (having quoted him) referring to @Mottie.

I don't think that "other people think the world revolves around" you: I clearly stated that you think the world revolves around you ( that your opinion is the final world on the subject). I pointed out that you are not alone in that regard.

It is you who is confused.

How many global pandemics have you lived through?

You labelled me an old fart and stated it was easy for me, and the other old farts, to say the the stuff in Mottie's post. There's an implication there that 'the old farts', like me, have no idea what it's like going through the stuff in Mottie's post. You went on to say that none of 'us' have had to go through anything remotely like the stuff in Mottie's post. I'm telling you again that you are wrong. Very very wrong.

You labelled me an old fart and stated it was easy for me, and the other old farts, to say the the stuff in Mottie's post. There's an implication there that 'the old farts', like me, have no idea what it's like going through the stuff in Mottie's post. You went on to say that none of 'us' have had to go through anything remotely like the stuff in Mottie's post. I'm telling you again that you are wrong. Very very wrong.

You are confused.

How many other global pandemics have you lived through?

In fairness to Brigadier, you're starting to sound like an old fart.

In fairness to Brigadier, you're starting to sound like an old fart.

S'okay. Sticks and stones. Some people resort to the language of the playground when they've got nothing substantive to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back