Why does the average university student appear to lack brains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've drank alcohol for years, never had the urge to jump off a bridge.
You probably find several hours of tedium followed by 6 minutes of excitement landing a 2lb perch, an exciting day.
I didn't think that hurtling down a mountain at 50+mph would be anything but a terrifying ordeal, but I was (partly) wrong.

Ho hum. We is all different. You hate young people, Christmas, folks enjoying themselves, people who smile etc. I'm the opposite.

Sponsored Links
You hate young people
I don't hate them, just pity them. They seem to think the future's bleak, so live life for the moment and sod the consequences, for themselves and others, and when the sh!t hits the fan, they can't see what they've done wrong.I like Christmas, it was even better when you had no shops open, Christmas now is just one big scheme to part you from your money. Nothing better than friends and family round, having a few beers and making fools of ourselves playing stupid games.

I don't hate them, just pity them. They seem to think the future's bleak, so live life for the moment and sod the consequences, for themselves and others, and when the sh!t hits the fan, they can't see what they've done wrong.

and you never did that? Not even once?

Sponsored Links
They seem to think the future's bleak, so live life for the moment
Who'd be young eh. It's been the same for decades, Hate. You were just unfortunate that your Uncle Derek introduced you to fishing rather than girls and partying and you have been a moaning miserable old duffer ever since.

You go to university to learn things. If the students wanted to just sit around and prove how clever, worldly wise and well educated they already are then that's what General Discussion is for.

Who'd be young eh. It's been the same for decades, Hate. You were just unfortunate that your Uncle Derek introduced you to fishing rather than girls and partying and you have been a moaning miserable old duffer ever since.
Not got an uncle Derek, birds were around long before the fishing, and as for moaning, you do nothing but. You are the personification of Gammon.

And that's the only thing they are entitled to - an education.

what does this mean? They are people, you know? Not robots, not school children, but adults who are living their lives.

And as I already said, of the 2.5 million at uni, it's just a few that have flouted the rules. So stop tarnishing all students, all young people, with the same brush.

No, most won't pay it back.
Pay it off in full? No, but they're carrying the debt and will be paying it back for a long time.

Unlike the older generation who just got theirs for free. Those old fogies really had it easy.

Paying for. Paying a lot for.

Whether they end up paying for it or not, it's still all they're entitled to. They're not buying a social life, fun, parties, whatever. They're buying an education.

What their entitled attitude is actually doing is contributing to trashing their futures.

Unlike the older generation who just got theirs for free
And how many of them went to uni ?Not as many, as there weren't as many bogus courses. I wasn't going to pay to carry on at school, so I got an apprenticeship in a field that would be worthwhile (not plumbing, never done plumbing). Now all people want is a job with little effort, they see these shows on TV, Essex chav, Chelsea Chav et etc, and want to be like them, or a footballer on half a million quid a month. No harm in dreaming, but do they realise how many failed footballers there are ? Get a trade, a real trade. People will always need electricians,brickies,plasterers,plumbers,roofers. When the money runs out, people aren't going to make a manicure a priority if the roofs leaking (or they shouldn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back