Unlevel spirit level !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been trying to square up a frame I'm making for some sliding doors and I've just discovered my sprit level is not true.
One way the timber is perfect but spin the level around 180' and it's out.
I can't believe it,no wonder I've been having problems :mad:

It's a 3ft Blackspur.
I need to get a new one,any suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
It's a 3ft Blackspur.
I need to get a new one,any suggestions ?

It's a Blacks....what? :confused:

Throw it away and buy a Stabila.

You are still wise to check the ones on the shelf though. Get one with a top edge visible horizontal vial.

Check the horizontal, spin it and check again. Do the same with the vertical vials.

We get through one or two per year.

Sponsored Links
blackspur is cheap car boot and ebay crap.

if it is a real problem, pop down to travis perkins tool hire and ask to buy a new bubble for it.

I once installed a shelf & swore blindly that is was level but my wife would have none of it.

Until I tried the level both ways around - lol

But it was a 30 year old one from my grandads old toolbox.

Blackspur = rubbish

I use Stanley Fatmax XL levels, very sturdy and IIRC they have a 10-year warranty on their accuracy

I once bought a Blackspur pipe cutter many yrs ago that cut through 2 pipes and then fell apart! :LOL:

I would never buy that Cack again or even have it free! :LOL:

not easy to measure on your own a 2.4 x 3.3 mtr rectangle with uneven walls,floorboards and a lowered header joist to contend with....even harder with a dodgy spirit level ;)

I wont pick up a level unless its a stabila :LOL:

Just kidding, Stabila is the trade's vernacular when it comes to levels.

cant gopm wrong with stabila or stanley fatmax XL another very good level is the AMI - and you should find some real bargains on these at the moment

level and plumb does not necesarily equal square.. the ONLY way to check for square is the diagonals..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back