Unorthodox 2 Way Wiring (Livolo Switch)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

i dunno if you can help me convert my existing wiring to achieve this:

the live and lights can be on either switch or on same switch as long as they're on one of them :)...

I'm looking to put these switches in to replace hallway switch and landing switch which controls landing light (they are both 2 gangs other gangs are simple 1 way COM and L1 wiring)

Landing Switch has 3 cables

COM = Red
L1 = Black (red tape around to indicate switched live)
L2 = Red

Hallway Switch has 2 cables

L1 = Black (red tape around to indicate switched live)
L2 = Red
Com = Looped from other gang supplied by other cable 2 core cable (for hallway lights)

going from that i assume L1 - Black and L2 - Red are going directly to each other (switch to switch) and the com on the landing switch is going to the light?

if so that would be straight forward as L1 would become A and L2 would become B and COM would become L1 on new switch? (Lamp)

the units only need one Live input even though they are 2 gang so i could use the Live from the other gangs for power and then L1 on that gang would become L2 on new switch

does that sound right? only thing i'm not sure about it how else it could be wired using 3 wires at one switch and essential 2 wires at the other...

i've never known COM to be to the lamp though, always thought that was live feed but again that's why i'm on here making sure i'm not making a rookie error! :)

Sponsored Links
It is an alternative way to do 2 way

You have 2 strappers L1 and L2
com 1 is live in to the circuit
com 2 is switched live out to the lamp
Theres proberly a diagram in the site wiki

Are these electronic switches?

Do you have 1 lighting circuit, or separate up & down?

Sponsored Links
Ahhh thanks for the heads up and yes ive tested the switches and work with all bulbs i have incascent and they do work with LEDS aslong as the load is higher than 15W (25W for the dimmer version)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back