Unusual spanner thingy.

Sponsored Links
15/16AF is 3/4" Whitworth

3/8AF is 1/4" Whit

they're both common sizes

dunno about 13/16AF but 19.05mm is 5/8" Whit or 3/4"AF

Looks too solid to be a bike spanner to me but might be off a mower or something.

Not a motorbike or car as the owner would be expected to have proper tools, and the sizes are too small.

are there no markings on either side?

Sponsored Links
I think Norcon's earlier comment is right. It's cnc cut. Makes it fairly modern. It's got that sort of "afterthought" look to it as well like modern tools supplied with other kit often have.
For that reason it's probably pretty safe to assume it's either AF or Metric size. Whitworth is pretty well pre 1960 for anything apart from some bikes and motorbikes. (certainly pre-1970) Too heavy for a pushbike, too crude for a motorbike.
For a mower, or some other type of machinery like a rotovator?

It's got square cut, pretty clean edges, and the shape looks regular, and like it's a vector drawing. It's made out of (probably MS) plate as already said.
A stamping has rounded top edges, and a rougher, crystalline, slightly concave edge where the metal has deformed and then sheared. A casting just doesn't look like this either.

In ye olden days tools were begotten for thingymijigs this was one such tool, Methinks ye will never know what thingymijig this was verily made for.

it looketh much like a knights bodkin.

Seamstresses use a bodkin not knights.
They use a lance.

I suppose being about 400 years old does have its effects on your memory. :LOL:

bodkins were used by witchfinders !!!!! shows what you know !

seamstresses bah humbug google it ! :p

I didn't need to google but did just to please you.

'Bodkin may refer to:

One of the fourteen Tribes of Galway
Bodkin point, a type of arrowhead
Bodkin needle, a blunt slender instrument with a large eye for drawing tape or ribbon through a loop or hem.'

Nothing about witch hunters there. :p

Sponsored Links
Back