Unvented cylinder immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone installed above. Need to know output of above and what cabling needed.

Also induction hobs, what cable size is required for these? I know i will be safe with 10mm, but will i be able to get away with 6mm. Cable run is 20m.

Also cooker switch is mounted 1150mm from finished floor level and 300mm to right of future hob. What height should i mount output box for hob and should i come back in line with hob?

Thanks in advance. :D

Sponsored Links
Has anyone installed above. Need to know output of above and what cabling needed.

depends on power rating

Also induction hobs, what cable size is required for these? I know i will be safe with 10mm, but will i be able to get away with 6mm. Cable run is 20m.

depends on power rating

Also cooker switch is mounted 1150mm from finished floor level and 300mm to right of future hob. What height should i mount output box for hob and should i come back in line with hob?

put it at a suitable height behind the hob. but note that unless the cable is in earthed steel conduit, or more than 50mm from the surface, it cannot go on an angle between the switch and outlet

Thanks for reply Andy.

Now seen some unvented cylinders with two 3kw heaters,some with one.So can supply this of ring :oops:

Sorry for lack of info. I just thought induction hobs(4 rings) would have a max rating as unsure which model at this stage.Never mind i'll run 10mm for this. :LOL:

With cooker cable cani come down vertically then horizonally at required height with plastic capping or will it have to be steel? :rolleyes:

selfbuildy said:
Thanks for reply Andy.

Now seen some unvented cylinders with two 3kw heaters,some with one.So can supply this of ring :oops:

Sorry for lack of info. I just thought induction hobs(4 rings) would have a max rating as unsure which model at this stage.Never mind i'll run 10mm for this. :LOL:

With cooker cable cani come down vertically then horizonally at required height with plastic capping or will it have to be steel? :rolleyes:

2 3KW immersions on a ring main is a very bad idea. before you even plug your hoover in, your at 26A. they should have their own radials. either 1 32A radial, 4mm feeding 2 13A fused spurs, or 2 radials, 2.5mm cable and 16A MCB.

for the cooker, i can pretty much say youll be OK with 6mm. very few need more than that

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy.

I will run a separate supply in case cylinder has 2 3kw heaters. :eek:

What about route of cooker cable?(previous question)

selfbuildy said:
Thanks Andy.

I will run a separate supply in case cylinder has 2 3kw heaters. :eek:

What about route of cooker cable?(previous question)

it needs to be in permitted areas. basically, vertically and horizontally from an accessory, 150mm from corners and ceiling. there is PDF in for reference

i would run 2 20A / 16A radials for immersers- two circuits- two circuits need to go faulty to make customer without hot water

also try popping 2 6mm into a spur terminals

baldelectrician said:
also try popping 2 6mm into a spur terminals

Yeah, 1x6mm² is just about manageable, I really doubt two of them would go, could always use a mini CU with a couple of B16s though, and make the original circuit a submain:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back