Unvented cylinder install - help!

Thank you for the arrow and the guidance, all a bit tricky as trying to doing it from afar with tenants who don't pick up the phone but will keep on it, & update. I am very appreciative of the input from everyone on here so far.

The cupboard containing the cylinder is in the hallway of the property and has a bedroom behind it. It's been a while since I was in the property but from memory both the pipes on the right side of the photo head down into the floor - I don't think there's anywhere else they could go. Will all hopefully be a lot clearer when I can speak to tenants and/or get a photo to add here. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
OK, so those pipes will need tracked back to where they both originate. One is the feed into the cylinder the other is the Expansion Pressure Relief Valve outlet, so they should both originate from the same valve set.

Hope this photo will help clear things up.

Is now the time to ask more about the push fit fittings too? I am on the top floor of a block and have taken a big hit in the past from a leaking toilet that damaged the three flats underneath me.

image2.jpeg

Sponsored Links
All that's missing now is the paperwork ... the completed benchmark, which is in the back of the manufacturers instructions and the notification confirmation.

Suspect the installer has got those with him; I don't think there's any evidence of them at the flat. Interesting, as he's not got a current G3 so not sure how he can fill them in legitimately? He has told me he's going to renew/get the qualification this week but I no longer believe a word he says.

Last edited:
Yes you're quite right - those parts date back to the original unit in '99. All things considered I've arranged for it to be redone with a G3 installer and won't be paying for this one. Thanks very much to everyone for all the various bits of input on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back