Unvented cylinder pressure keeps dropping

G

Goldspoon

Friends of mine just had a huge unvented cylinder fitted (has TYPHOON on it). Person who fitted it has now gone away for a few days they think and is unobtainable (they have a young child who was very premature so anxious about house being cold).

Problem is that the pressure gradually drops to zero. They fill it with the filling loop and it gradually drops again (over a day or so).

They just had to fill it again and they say that this time the rads are presently just getting tepid rather than hot.

They really do need the heating engineer but asked me what I thought was happening just in case it is something silly/easily curable.

Surely it can only be a leak? They cannot find a leak anywhere. Is there a reason why the rads might be luke warm when hot yesterday (after re-filling circuit).

Sponsored Links
Have you read THIS?
Apart from the fact that the system has an unvented cylinder the problem has little to do with it and is more about your boiler and system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back