Unvented/ secondary circulation

• Thread starter Bamber gaspipe
  • Start date
Onetap said:
The DIYers often don't know but, more importantly here, they know that they do not know. They will research the topic, get a book or search the internet to find out.
Again, I think you're grossly mistaken about what lay people think and do. Just my opinion, but I'm not making any assumptions, whereas you're making lots.

Many "Proffessional Heating Engineers" don't know but think that they do know. They get the hump if anyone has the effrontery to suggest that they don't know, as you have.
You'd know about it if I had the hump, so wrong again. Go on - go for the hat trick...

The OP asked a question about something outside his experience.
Now he knows more about it.
On this point, I completely agree.

Softus said:
Bunch of nonsense.
Is it? Which bits are nonsense, Softus?
The bunch.

You didn't correct the poster who'd made a mistake about the function of the check valve.
It's not my job to correct every poster on everything they do, or might, get wrong.

Softus said:
Onetap said:
Do you describe yourself as an 'Engineer'?
That all depends on what you mean by those inverted commas and that capital letter.
You do call yourself an "Engineer", then.
And there it is - that third groundless assumption. Well done.

You're not a professional, you're not an engineer, you're not competent and never will be.
Deal with it.
The only interesting thing about that statement is that you appear not to believe it, and are just making a weak attempt at a snipe.

If an engineer is someone who, when asked for clarification, makes wrong statements based on tenuous assumptions, then clearly you're much better qualified that I am, and I'm entirely comfortable with that.

Sponsored Links
Softus wrote

Bottom line: in the circuit in the diagram above, there is a benefit to using balancing valves,

You got it wrong here Softus .
We all make mistakes.
The man who makes none makes nothing. !

Balenza said:
Bottom line: in the circuit in the diagram above, there is a benefit to using balancing valves,
You got it wrong here Softus.
You're right - I hadn't noticed. The error isn't what you thought - I edited that paragraph to change the polarity and messed it up. It was supposed to read:

in circuits other than in the diagram above, there is a benefit to using balancing valves

...or something like that - the point was that I was disagreeing with your introduction of balancing valves into this topic, because they weren't relevant.

Softus said:
Onetap said:
You're not a professional, you're not an engineer, you're not competent and never will be.
Deal with it.
The only interesting thing about that statement is that you appear not to believe it, and are just making a weak attempt at a snipe.

I do believe it. It is the only reason that I can imagine for your abusive and derisive comments after I had provided a civil and correct answer to your earler question; "Onetap, I don't understand your suggestion to use balancing valves - why do you think this is necessary?"

It seems that I have inadvertently bruised your fragile ego by explaining that; a) balancing valves are usually necessary and
b) you were wrong

I've seen a lot of this and think you're probably suffering from delusions of your own abilities. Thirty or forty years ago, when the UK was a manufacturing economy, technicians or trainee engineers would typically be attending a technical college for 3 nights a week after work. No-one would do that now. Many technicians nowadays are carp, but they think they're good because they never meet and compare themselves with competent technicians.

8,000 posts, no common sense.

I have work to attend to.

Sponsored Links
Onetap said:
I do believe it. It is the only reason that I can imagine for your abusive and derisive comments after I had provided a civil and correct answer to your earler question; "Onetap, I don't understand your suggestion to use balancing valves - why do you think this is necessary?"
You simply replied with what I presume you believed to be a clever question, but it wasn't an answer, and it wasn't helpful.

It seems that I have inadvertently bruised your fragile ego
Oh yes, I'm really fragile, me. :rolleyes:

I've seen a lot of this and think you're probably suffering from delusions of your own abilities. Thirty or forty years ago, when the UK was a manufacturing economy, technicians or trainee engineers would typically be attending a technical college for 3 nights a week after work. No-one would do that now. Many technicians nowadays are carp, but they think they're good because they never meet and compare themselves with competent technicians.
Mm, that chip on your shoulder looks almost good enough to eat. ;)

Run along then.

Softus said:
You simply replied with what I presume you believed to be a clever question, but it wasn't an answer, and it wasn't helpful.

It just answered your question; remote circuits, no flow; near circuits, excessive flow.

Read some text books, they'll tell you the same.
You haven't explained why you think my answer is nonsense. You cannot.

Softus said:
Onetap said:
Run along then.

And leave you pontificating your misinformed opinions to the unwary?
Do you get some gratification by pretending to be an expert?
8,000 posts, no common sense.

Onetap said:
It just answered your question; remote circuits, no flow; near circuits, excessive flow.
I don't regard a statement of the bleeding obvious as any kind of answer.

Read some text books, they'll tell you the same.
I think I'm more inclined to write one that read any more.

You haven't explained why you think my answer is nonsense.
Nor do I need to. It's obvious.

Softus said:
Onetap said:
Run along then.

Softus said:
Onetap said:
I don't regard a statement of the bleeding obvious as any kind of answer.

We're agreed on something, it's obvious that balancing valves are needed.

However, at the start of the thread you had asked;

Softus said:
Onetap, I don't understand your suggestion to use balancing valves - why do you think this is necessary? :confused:

You didn't know then why they were necessary.
It would seem that you have learned something from me, despite your best efforts.

This doesn't explain or excuse your ill-mannered posts. You will probably feel obliged to apologise when you have grown up a little, but I don't anticipate this happening any time soon.

A question for you, Softus, an opportunity to display your knowledge to your admiring audience.

With a heating system, you could minimize the amount of balancing required by designing the system as a parallel reverse return layout.

If you wanted to minimize the necessity for balancing in a HWS circulating system ( such as those shown in the Danfoss PDF documents posted by Balenza above), how would you design it as a reverse return system?

Answers and layouts on the back of a postage stamp.

Softus said:
Onetap said:
Run along then.

Bye.

Onetap said:
We're agreed on something, it's obvious that balancing valves are needed.
We haven't agreed when balancing valves are needed, so I don't call that any kind of agreement. :rolleyes:

You didn't know then why they were necessary.
Incorrect - I didn't know why you thought they were necessary. These are two very distinct and different points.

This doesn't explain or excuse your ill-mannered posts.
Your stupid little opinion is noted.

an opportunity to display your knowledge to your admiring audience.
Such an audience exists only in your head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back