Upgrading cooker - instructions quirey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm due to change my cooker in the not too distant future and are looking at one of these: Baumatic BT3060SS, Dual fuel gas hob twin elec oven (i currently have all gas)

I would like some opinions on the spec/rating of the circuit cable required to wire the cooker up. If you look at page 43 of the .pdf file below it states 32A MCB with 6mmsq cable. Any info i have at home says the 4mmsq cable is 32A and 6mmsq is 40A? Wanted to ask before i go ring them up to double check. I have 4mm Diameter (each main core dia) cable in the wall and 32A MCB in my CU.

http://files.baumatic.com/usermanuals-uk/bt3060ss 180707.pdf

Thanks. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
don't know a big lot about it, sounds as if it depends more on the length of the cable run! (cooker to cu)

Sponsored Links
When going to the trouble of providing a new circuit for a cooker or shower it is considered wise to install a bigger cable than needed in case you ever decide to change your cooker again in the future. 6mm2 T&E cable wont cost you much more than 4mm2 anyway, there doesn't tend to be a massive amount of demand for 4mm2 anyway, I don't normally keep any handy.

You could even run 10mm2, but on longer runs, it starts getting a fair bit pricier than 6mm2!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back