upgrading from an A1 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have an A1 alarm proffessionally fitted,it does not work anymore and i am looking to replace the system,all the PIRS (4) are wired up,i think theres a problem with either the bellbox or control panel,does anyone know of a good replacement that i myself can replace it with.

thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for the info just been having a look at this model,this may sound like a daft question but does the rkp need to be wired in hence Remote?if so i may go for the larger panel that has to be wired.looked at the istallation manual and it looks very much like the alarm box i have fitted.

this may sound like a daft question but does the rkp need to be wired in hence Remote?
No such thing as a daft question.

Remote as in not part of the control panel, this can be hidden away, just the Remote Key Pad on view, or not, depends where you put it.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies i have ordered the texecom veritas compact,does anybody know if this has a suppressor built in?if not and i buy one,i know one wire goes to earth but where does the other need to be connected to? thanks

I have now fitted the texecom compact,with 3 new pirs and texe bellbox,2 pet pirs,not without problems though zone 4 on my landing would not work,found a split in the wire(the only bit of wire that is under the carpet about 2 inches long)soldered and crimped,then found the existing wires were too short for the new panel again soldered and crimped longer wires,fitted suppressor and all works fine,now trying to figure out how to program the part zones. :confused: thanks for the advice,off to the plumbing forum now theres a new bath in my living room waiting to be fitted :cry:

if anyone has experience of this system i have fitted can they confirm that the engineer code will not stop the alarm from sounding if the system is set as normal with a user code.ta

if anyone has experience of this system i have fitted can they confirm that the engineer code will not stop the alarm from sounding if the system is set as normal with a user code.ta
Alarm systems can be Turned ON/Turned OFF/Tested with an Engineer code.

If the system has been turned on by 'its owners code' the Engineer code will NOT turn it off

[Alarm systems can be Turned ON/Turned OFF/Tested with an Engineer code.

If the system has been turned on by 'its owners code' the Engineer code will NOT turn it off]

Cheers for that much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back