Upgrading Vaillant VRC 700 controller to VRC 720 sensoCOMFORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now managed to get hold of a VR 921 and installed it. Also installed the sensoAPP on my Android mobile. I wasn't expecting the app to be that good, but it is unfortunately a pile of junk and is certainly not worth the £180 cost of the VR 921 internet gateway!

I seriously considered taking the VR 921 back and getting a refund, but I'm hoping the upgrade mentioned earlier by ScottishGasMan will be significant. It will need to be if the app is going to be any good.

Some of the issues I've encountered so far with the app:
- Temperatures and humidity figures shown in the app are slightly different to those shown on the controllers. Surely they should always be the same if the data comes from the same source?
- The delay/refresh in the app is significant and in fact on some screens it doesn't refresh until you leave the page and return to it. This is just bad programming! This unfortunately means I have no idea if what the app is displaying is actually current or correct!
- The information screen doesn't show enough relevant information about my system and uses terms like VF1 flow temperature and references "zones" as "Zone 1" and "Zone 2". Why? The other screens use the correct zone names e.g. Radiators or Bathroom etc. Against each zone in the information screen is a single figure; Room air humidity. Pointless! Who gives a sh*t about the humidity. I'm interested in how warm the rooms are, which rooms are currently being supplied with heating, what state the boiler is in i.e. on/off. Essentially I want to look at the information screen and understand what my heating system is currently doing. This isn't possible using the existing version of sensoAPP.

The app is good at showing the currently programmed temperature settings and modifying these. Also overriding temperatures appears to work, apart from the refresh delays, which are far too long.

Given there is so much information available through the VRC 720 it is very disappointing the app doesn't make this available.

Sponsored Links
As far as the sensoNET gateway goes yes I have that as well. Its easy to install, just eBUS cable daisy chained onto existing, then a 3 pin power plug to a wall socket to power it.
Hi @ScottishGasMan - jumping in on this thread, when you say daisy chained onto existing - am i right to say that means from the sensohome base station i add a new 2 core wire into the existing eBUS (so 4 cores in the eBus) and terminate onto the new eBUS connecter in SensoNet?

DIY gas advice is not permitted on this forum.
I'm in the process of replacing my old Potterton Suprema 50 with a Vaillant Ecofit Pure 415 (open vent). Simple setup one zone with Hot water and I have Salus timer/controller fitted below the existing boiler and wired to a digital Salus thermostat in the hall way. The thermostat uses mains 230vac.

I got in touch with Vaillant for information on the type of controller I can use with the Ecofit Pure and they suggested I could use the vSmart or sensoHOME which both use a VR66/2 wiring centre and a VR10 sensor for hot water control. Or I could use a sensoCOMFORT or VRC700 control with a VR71 wiring centre.

I was thinking of settling for VRC700 with WC and a VR71 wiring centre. Additionally, I would like to use HW priority and NTC/CylStat connections for HW tank.

Has anyone configured the Vaillant Ecofit Pure 415 as above and looking for guidance on how to physically replace the controls and placements. Secondly, in addition to the VRC700 do I need to get a VR91 stat? The boiler is in my utility room next to the kitchen.

DIY gas advice is not permitted on this forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back