Uploading query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've done a quick drawing (in Word) of my house radiators' layout, in the hope that someone on here can think up an efficient way of connecting them all up.

How do I upload that Word drawing, or would I have to convert it to a pdf or other?

Sponsored Links
This is where a simple sketch facility on Diynot as Noseall proposed some months ago, would be a very helpful/useful tool. I believe Admin said at the time they would look into it. ;)

Roughcaster.

How do I upload that Word drawing, or would I have to convert it to a pdf or other?
Unless you can host the file somewhere for people to download/view, you need to convert whatever you've got to an image, e.g. JPEG, then upload that to a hosting site. FYI, DIYnot now offers image hosting - you upload the image file within your user profile and Bob's yer uncle.

re do it in paint. a basic programme on all computers. Save as a JPEG and upload on here.

word files are useless to many people, and cant be viewed directly from a webpage.

Sponsored Links
This is where a simple sketch facility on Diynot as Noseall proposed some months ago, would be a very helpful/useful tool. I believe Admin said at the time they would look into it. ;)

Roughcaster.

The sketch tool is nearly ready, just need a bit more work :)

You could always zoom (in Word) to a level where you can see the whole diagram you have drawn and then use the 'Print Screen' keyboard button which copies a picture of the screen into the clipboard. Then open Paint, paste the image in and save it, now it can be uploaded.

Roughcaster.

The sketch tool is nearly ready, just need a bit more work :)

Thank you Admin for the update, that is welcome news, much appreciated, thanks again. ;)

Roughcaster.

As James May would say, "cock!"

I did it in Word, thinking everyone can do something with that - should've asked first....

Will get on with it and re-post.....

Right - here goes nothing....

I've put the drawing in my album (whatever that it), showing rooms, current positions of rads, the boiler, and places where I can take pipes up and down (A, B, and C).

Can anyone come up with an efficient piping arrangement to link them all up? Would I need a mix of 22 and 15mm, or just 15mm?

It's a fairly large and solid old house, and I'm sick of the missus carping on about how cold it is :mad:

I don't mind losing the rad near the front door if it makes life any easier, unless any knowledgable fellow can convince me of it's merits....

Thanks in advance :)

Oh, and due to the fact that it's a solid floor beneath, the rad in the rear lounge would be most suited to being the last one in the circuit.

Does that help or hinder?

Sponsored Links
Back