Uponor ufl C55 controller failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 zone UFL system with 3 C55 wireless controllers and an i75 interface. The install was completed 20 months ago and has run successfully since then.
Recently 2 out of the 3 controllers have failed due to a component failure in the power supply side of the circuit board. ( No power LED and darkening of the PCB under a transistor.)
I have contacted Uponor who say it must be due to a power surge and that there are no serviceable components inside the unit. (There is loads of other electronic equipment in the house which has not been affected!)
To compound the issue they say that the c55 is no longer available and has now been superseded by the C56 ( which they say may not be compatible!!!).
Has anyone encountered similar problems or successfully managed to repair the C55 circuit board?

Sponsored Links
I have a 3 zone UFL system with 3 C55 wireless controllers and an i75 interface. The install was completed 20 months ago and has run successfully since then.
Recently 2 out of the 3 controllers have failed due to a component failure in the power supply side of the circuit board. ( No power LED and darkening of the PCB under a transistor.)
I have contacted Uponor who say it must be due to a power surge and that there are no serviceable components inside the unit. (There is loads of other electronic equipment in the house which has not been affected!)
To compound the issue they say that the c55 is no longer available and has now been superseded by the C56 ( which they say may not be compatible!!!).
Has anyone encountered similar problems or successfully managed to repair the C55 circuit board?

I'd get an Electronics Engineer to have a look at the PCB mate, we've a guy that repairs our boiler PCBs if they're knackered.

hi algi ive got same problem with my uponor underfloor heating c55 controller .ive also been on to john the tec chap at uponor told me the same as you that a power surge must have damaged the c55, and that they cant repair them [no serviceable parts] which i find hard to believe as ive had it apart and its full of resistors ,diodes and pcbs ect.but i wouldnt know where to start to check whats wrong with it. the unit does start up when i switch power to it but only runs for 1 minute then everything switches off untill i turn power off and on again then it does same thing again runs for 1 min then stops.tec man says to replace with new c55 he did not say that they had been discontinued dont know where to go next perhaps try and find who actually makes the unit to see if they would repair it ..good luck with yours.

Sponsored Links

Ive got exactly the same problem. In my town there are many failures in power supply every now and again. The technician told us that was the reason of the problem. And all the rest the same as yours, new display cause the old one is not compatible with the new c56... But what I find strange is what he said about the new C56: it is more reliable against power supply failures. If so, can it be the reason why the old one is no longer available? What do you think? Thanks mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back