Upstairs hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have converted the roofspace and added two bedrooms and an en suite. The ensuite shower is electric supplied by the cold water main. The cold tap on the wash hand basin is also mains supplied. The basin hot water is supplied from the copper cylinder downstairs. The base of the cold water storage tank in the upstairs eaves is about one foot higher than the basin hot water tap in the en suite. I can't raise the cold tank any higher, so have been thinking about fitting a single impeller pump to boost the hot water pressure to the en suite.

I'm also thinking of putting in a second bathroom upstairs, similar to the first en suite, but would be anxious to know if the hot water to the two upstairs basins could be supplied by the same pump, a twin impeller pump or two single impeller pumps?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
A shower pump should only supply a single shower. I suppose you could supply more than one hot tap from one pump but it would depend on the likely hood of those taps being opened together and the spec of the pump, don't connect a hot tap and a shower to the same pump.

Sounds like you should have installed an unvented cylinder :confused:
(assuming you have px and flow required)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back