Upstairs lights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am having a similar problem. I returned home from work this evening to find the upstairs lights not working. The fuse had blown and I have replaced the fuse wire but the lights are still not working... Any suggestions??

Thank you!

(Obviously I have changed the bulbs!)

Sponsored Links
I am having a similar problem.
hmm lets see then . . .

I returned home from work this evening to find the upstairs lights not working. The fuse had blown and I have replaced the fuse wire but the lights are still not working...
. . . . Nope, I cant see the similarity.

1. You have rewireable fuses, which are entirely different beasts to the MCBs featured in the original post.
2. Your problem did not appear to start with a blown bulb.

For both these problems, advice would differ greatly.

I have asked the mods to move this to its own thread.

kirsty, 3 suggestions...

1. wire fell out somewhere, blew the fuse and is still out so lights don't work with new fuse
2. water or such in a light fitting somewhere..
3. something has chewed through a wire under the floors / in the ceiling and is now black and crispy..
View media item 9882
ok, so 4 suggestions..

4. call an electrician and he'll investigate for you..

5. the fuse blew once more as it was inserted as the fault still existed. :?:

Sponsored Links
I was going on the assumption that she'd have seen the flash as she inserted it.. but thinking on it if they're all switched off and the fault is after the switch it wouldn't flash until she switched on..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back