UPVC beads on the outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a ground-floor window fitted about 5 years ago, and I only just realised the plastic beads are all on the outside. There is an opener (handle on the inside!) so obviously the window was like that from the factory, rather than being fitted the wrong way round.

The other window done as part of the same job has beads on the inside as I'd expect. It seems someone with a packing/Don Carlos knife could just take out the beads, remove the sealed unit and get into my house.

I was wondering if windows are ever supposed to be fitted like this, and if not do I have any recourse with the window fitter or with Fensa to get them to change it. The window is still under warranty, but I haven't checked what that actually covers.

thanks,
S.

Sponsored Links
There is nothing wrong with external beading. The units are normally fixed with double sided tape so can't be taken out from the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back