uPVC Door Panel - Removal Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I want to remove a door panel so that I can measure up a replacement for inserting a cat flap.

I have attached some pictures in the hope that someone could let me know how I would remove the panel.

So far I have tried putting x2 scrapers up and under the black seal between the panel and beading and lifting the scrapers outwards but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
***STOP***

The rubber does not come out, it is a co-extruded bead which means the rubber is part of the bead. Put your scrapers in betweeen the bead and door and lever them out, do the side ones first and then top and bottom

Cheers CRANK.

I didn't put too much effort in trying it the other way as I thought it may not be the correct way.

I'll go and give it another go with your directions and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Next question related to this.

The dimensions of the current door panel are w= 25" h=27.5" d= 27mm

I've rang a few wood merchants around here and none have 25mm thick board and they just recommend I get x2 12mm sheets, glue them together and then paint them to build up the missing millimetres!

Anyone any suggestions?

Ta

Fit a replacement flat plastic panel which you can buy from any pvc window company. They have large sheets of the stuff and will cut it for you.

Ask them nicely and they may even fit the flap in it too. For a small fee of course!

Next question related to this.

The dimensions of the current door panel are w= 25" h=27.5" d= 27mm

I've rang a few wood merchants around here and none have 25mm thick board and they just recommend I get x2 12mm sheets, glue them together and then paint them to build up the missing millimetres!

Anyone any suggestions?

Ta

As noseall says, go to a local DG firm and get them to order one for you, thats if they don't make them themselves (likely).

Incidentally, the thickness will be 28mm and they'll probably ask you what colour you want so take the old one with you for them to match up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back