Urgent help please. Leak from pipe supplying water to toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd really appreciate some quick help please.
Just noticed a leak from the pipe, see picture.
Tried tightening the fixing but no good.
Not sure what to try next?

My daughter has an issue and needs to use the toilet frequently, so I need to sort this very quickly.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20200706-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200706-WA0000.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 301
Sponsored Links
Going form brass to plastic is not ideal. Could try and wrap some ptfe tape around the thread and see if that helps. If it is to the right of the nut it may be a damaged olive if it has one

Sponsored Links
It looks like the nut has crossed on the plastic 1/2 inch connection...

You need a new 1/2 inch ,fibre washer for the tap connector ( that's the fitting with the brass nut ).

Half inch tap connector washer will have perished , between the brass nut and plastic spigot .

terry beat me to it

great minds think alike

Looks to me like that's been crossthreaded and the fibre washer has started to fail, I'd be fitting a new brass fill valve with a new washer. Brass to plastic is a 'mare as others have mentioned, unless you get it spot on 1st time, hence I never use plastic.

If the plastic thread is mangled... You'll have problems Refitting the brass nut onto it.
You may need a new fill valve... Get a fluidmaster they have a brass tail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back