Use of dry ridge/hips on a rear extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my extension I'll have 3.5 metres of new ridge and two 4 metre hips. I'm not really sure if I should be considering a dry system or whether I should stick with a wet ridge to match the rest of the house.

I've done wet work before so I'm happy I know where I am with that, and although the dry systems claim to be faster for people that are well practiced, I expect I'll spend just as much time learning how to use them for the first time, so the extra cost of the dry system won't really be worth it.

Any views? How complicated will it be to joint a dry ridge in to the existing wet ridge?

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure whether there is a system in place for hip roofs, though if there is you will need a special order for the hip - hip - ridge junction.

There are universal systems for ridges/hips from Klober and Danelaw

For the joint you just use mortar for the last one at the ridge

I'm not sure whether there is a system in place for hip roofs, though if there is you will need a special order for the hip - hip - ridge junction.
15B1F95211334F2BB1FD76B4479A755E.ashx

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back