Using a blue badge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While I agree with this woman's prosecution I ask why died she get a criminal record and a fine when I see drivers parking in a disabled bay with no blue badge?

BBC News - Mum has to pay £979 for using daughter's Blue Badge in Bedford - BBC News

Sponsored Links
I would imagine so. If you really want to know, ask your local council under a freedom of information request how many tickets have been issued to non-disabled people parking in disabled bays.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can end up with a criminal record.

Chances are, there is more to this story than what we are being told. The fine seems excessive, but this may be because she has refused to pay them each time they have been presented or refuses to accept she to pay.
Far too many unknowns to make a judgement call on this information only. However, it is a recognised criminal offence to mis-use a blue badge, knowingly or not.

While I agree with this woman's prosecution I ask why died she get a criminal record and a fine when I see drivers parking in a disabled bay with no blue badge?

BBC News - Mum has to pay £979 for using daughter's Blue Badge in Bedford - BBC News
I hear the Americans are brutal over this, something I wholly approve of. My MiL was entitled to one (non driver), and would be annoyed at me for refusing to legally use it when taking her places. I insisted instead, on dropping her right at the door, then parking as normal. I have a perhaps raging hatred of those who park in disabled spaces when not entitled. Not enough is done about it.

If she didn't have £2 for a ticket it would would have been cheaper to park in a different bay and get a fine for non display..

Sponsored Links
Back