Using a blue badge

people who park in disabled bays when they shouldnt are probably the same people that chuck litter out of the car
There have been studies done and they show a link: people who abuse disabled parking also break other rules or laws.

I've met two people recently who have parked in disabled spaces without a badge. I said to both of them that they had forgotten to put their badge out. One insisted it was in the glovebox, the other that it was on the passenger seat. I told both that it was no good there, it needed to be on the dash. One stopped to give me a load of abuse, which was amusing, as the person behind him who could not move, hit the horn then got out and told him to move his piece of 5H1t. The other one was a 40-something bloke in a boy-racer souped up Audi who slunk off after inviting me to inspect his vehicle for the badge, knowing I was unlikely to do that as I was in the queue.

His parting shot was to call me a deaf something-or other.

Sponsored Links
So she would have been better off parking in DB without her child's BB so as only to get an FPN..

That's FKIN NUTS

Parking in a disabled bay without a BB, is much easier to spot and prosecute, because it's easier to check. Checking misuse of the BB, requires the warden to hang around, until the driver returns, then check the photo on the badge matches the driver or passenger. I know this, because my partner was disabled, and I returned to my car, parked with BB, a few minutes before her. I then had to wait around, with the warden, whilst she returned - to prove I was parked there, on a BB, for her benefit.

There are people who trade in stolen blue badges, because they see it as a trick to get free parking and avoid fines.

Misuse is a deliberate criminal offence.

Sponsored Links
My Brother in Law had his window smashed and his blue badge stolen outside the Royal London hospital. Caused him major aggro.

Back