Using a blue badge

There's a HMHB song for every occasion.
Blue Badge Abuser

Sponsored Links
One big failure of supermarket parking system is that it is run by private companies. Unless they regularly patrol the car park, lots of people will take a chance to quickly nip in for a short shop. I've seen loads of people do this and reported their registration to Customer Services. Some shops will make a general announcement to anyone parked in a disabled bay/parent & child bay, that's quite amusing, watching people abandon their trolley or berating their husband/wife to go and shift it), while other shops of the same chain just shrug and say it's an outside company that runs the scheme.

people who park in disabled bays when they shouldnt are probably the same people that chuck litter out of the car
I think generally, that they are ones with "attitude".

I'm only going to be 5 minutes. Or

I can't fit my car in a normal parking bay. Etc

Sponsored Links
I think generally, that they are ones with "attitude".

I'm only going to be 5 minutes. Or

I can't fit my car in a normal parking bay. Etc
Then they should learn to park properly or go right to the outer edges, where there are usually multiple empty bays.

They should come to west London.
90% of the drivers here have a blue badge.
And a freedom pass for when they use public transport...

I would imagine so. If you really want to know, ask your local council under a freedom of information request how many tickets have been issued to non-disabled people parking in disabled bays.

That is a different problem, from parking and displaying a BB, which you are not entitled for the use of.

Offence was on 26th May 2023. National Blue Badge Day of Action

My Council (Bedford Borough who prosecuted the woman in the article is a different one) check 108 blue badges and found 5 mis-uses on that same day... https://www.centralbedfordshire.gov...nst_blue_badge_misuse_in_central_bedfordshire

I suspect other Councils will publish similar articles to discourage them wot abuse the badge.

I found this abuse in Bedford from a few years back almost funny https://sharnbrook-pc.gov.uk/bedford-prison-officer-prosecuted-for-blue-badge-abuse/

One big failure of supermarket parking system is that it is run by private companies. Unless they regularly patrol the car park, lots of people will take a chance to quickly nip in for a short shop. I've seen loads of people do this and reported their registration to Customer Services. Some shops will make a general announcement to anyone parked in a disabled bay/parent & child bay, that's quite amusing, watching people abandon their trolley or berating their husband/wife to go and shift it), while other shops of the same chain just shrug and say it's an outside company that runs the scheme.

When you get a blue badge the terms and conditions of use are clearly laid out . There is a big market for stolen ones

Sponsored Links
Back