Using a chainsaw

Unfortunately that actually happened to someone on here, a relatively experienced member, just like that. just goes to show it's hard to be too careful. Take care with your life.
Sorry, is that aimed at me? I know that chainsaws are dangerous and even experienced & properly equipped people can make mistakes and pay a severe price.

I was responding to Burnerman's comment, and saying that some people don't seem to understand how dangerous a chainsaw can be and want to make it more so.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately that actually happened to someone on here, a relatively experienced member, just like that. just goes to show it's hard to be too careful. Take care with your life.

Experienced with chainsaws? He died?

Sponsored Links
I think what happened here - although it was a bit before my time- the guy concerned had a chainsaw wheel in an angle grinder, and suffered a fatal wound. Others will chip in who remember the event.
John :)

Just make sure you wear protective clothing as I always do..

35471568370_186369f655_b.jpg

I think what happened here - although it was a bit before my time- the guy concerned had a chainsaw wheel in an angle grinder, and suffered a fatal wound. Others will chip in who remember the event.
John :)

AS I remember, he fitted a circular saw blade to a hand held angle grinder to cut out the stump of a tree, as the grinder speed is above that for a saw blade, it became uncontrollable and kicked back and .......... I wonder why it is possible to fit a saw blade to a grinder?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back