Using a 'Instant Electric Shower' for bath ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an exiting 'Cold Main Supply Electric Shower' and we thinks it's a 7.5Kw.
We would like to upgrade it to possible 10.8Kw so that we can fill up the bath once in every while with Instant Hot Water rather than having a 'Tank' fitted.
Have anyone tried this yet and what about joined up with on a bath shower ? - i.e. use the bath's shower to shower and to have a bath use the tap that is already concected, but will have to turn the Shower unit though ?
:?:

Sponsored Links
Quite agree - takes me back to the old gas geysers. Dont even think about it unless you like cold and expensive baths - cheaper just to use the cold tap.

Cremeegg said:
cheaper just to use the cold tap.

And put your electric kettles heating element in the bath for a while...

Seriously, don't try this, it was a joke. I've seen pictures of the outcome... :eek:

Sponsored Links
There is no Gas supply in the house, just Electricity on Economy 7 and is switching over to Economy 10 soon.

Edwards said:
There is no Gas supply in the house, just Electricity on Economy 7 and is switching over to Economy 10 soon.
Google heat pump. Cracking technology.

Heat pumps take heat from the ground or the air outside (even when its freezing because theres energy in the air down to -272 degrees) and transfer it indoors to do with as you wish.

It is the principle that fridges are based on.

You wont need E10 with a heat pump. They are very cheap to run. 400% efficient. Electric heaters are 80-95% efficient plus losses in the supply.

Try this

hotwater5se2ejpggz5.th.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back