Using adhesive to fix track lighting to concrete ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Small job installing track lighting in a 1940s block of flats, with concrete ceilings.

Bit concerned about drilling into the concrete ceiling, and hitting something.
Some pretty good adhesives around now, so, considering gluing the track up, or possibly VHB tape (Which Ive only just found out about).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think the new rules on things not dropping on firemen during a fire makes it a non starter, I am not sure on plastic raw plugs, if still permitted or not?
There may well be other 'rules' somewhere (other than in BS7671) related to risks of things in general dropping on firemen etc. - but I think the 'rules' (BS7671 regulations) to which you refer relate specifically to electrical wiring, not fittings.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If you must then use yellow rawlplugs there shorter.
If it has conduit loop in boxes for the lighting, you can get an idea how thick the concrete slab is, it will be the depth of a loop in box plus the minimum radius of the conduit at least, your unlikely to hit the conduit from below, but could hit the Rebar.
Whether your allowed to drill into it without authority and without causing structural damage, i dont know, but most commercial buildings are drilled for supports all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back