using an angle grinder indoors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I bought this house and, during rewiring, I discovered a hidden doorway behind a length of plywood ( It had been plastered over and made to match the rest of the wall.

Anyway, 'er indoors' said. oh !! we could open that up and put in french doors - so that we could join the two rooms together as one big lounge if we had a party etc( you know what I mean ?)

So, I installed a new lintel to span the width of 2 doors and, now I was all ready to just slice down the wall and create a 6 foot opening.( Nice and easy job. just run down the wall, and push it over.!!)

After hiring an angle grinder, I put on the goggles, mask, gloves (you know all the paraphernalia) and set about slicing the bricks vertically.

er' indoors went to visit her mom and I wisely suggested she should stay the night there while our house was in turmoil)
( not such a bad move- as it turned out)

Now, readers, I ask you to bear in mind that a dust storm in the sahara can be pretty blinding (and so can cutting bricks indoors.)

I had then a touch of inspiration,- open the windows to let out the dust !!

Ermmmm, Do you know what I mean when I say that air circulates?
Yep, the downstairs windows, being open, allowed the dust to rise..
and the upstairs windows, being opened, had the efeect of creating a draft (much like a chimney)

Anyway to cut a long story short.

Have you ever seen red stripes running down the sleeves of shirts that are hanging in wardrobes?
Have you ever seen pillow cases that are white below the duvet and red above?
and the story ends with.... those little 'henry' vacuum cleaners are really good !!

For my next project, we could really do with having another window cut into the outside wall to make the stairs lighter.....................

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back