Using Central heating system with a thermostat - Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am a new home owner and admittedly very naive when it comes to things 'home' related!
We have a Glow worm Ultracom2 35CXI combo boiler in the kitchen, and a manual twisty thermostat in the hallway.

The boiler has 3 settings attached to the 'clock' where we could potentially adjust the times it comes on when using the timer function, off timer and on. I may be being dumb so apologies, and i don't mind blunt to the point answers either!

Thermostat is always set to around 18'c.
Obviously when the boiler switch is in the off position - nothing comes on at any point.

I have set this for timer, and i believe so far it comes on in the evening from 6.30pm until it is time to go off (9pm) - I thought though if the temp got to a certain temp it would click off the boiler even when set on a timer

If i leave it in the on position, then it always seems to be on. I thought if i turned the thermostat down, then the heating would go off?

Sponsored Links
You are quite right in thinking that when your boiler is " on " , the wall thermostat will stop the boiler from running once the air temperature around the thermostat is reached. So if it runs continually ,even when you turn the thermostat to it's lowest setting ,then you have a fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back