Using light ring to power CCTV cam

got that !! so as previously advised an additional socket on the ring final ,if you can get to the cagbles, is best way.failing that ,one on the lighting circuit. by the way have you got RCD protection on lighting circuit ?

I have no way of accessing the wires without moving furniture, lifting carpet, lifting floor boards..etc.
I have Dual RCD - Downstairs lights with Upstairs sockets on one RCD then downstairs sockets with Upstairs Lights on the other.

So you're saying that it's quite normal to connect 13A socket outlets to 6A lighting circuits.

What I'm getting from this tread is that although it's not normal, it certainly doesn't seem as though I'm doing anything against regs.

Sponsored Links
So you're saying that it's quite normal to connect 13A socket outlets to 6A lighting circuits.
Watson - please- try to accept that nobody here needs any more proof that you are unable to understand straightforward English, and that nobody here needs any more examples of your seriously flawed thinking processes.

Quite.
Fit the socket, plug the camera in.

Useless arguments about kettles on lighting circuits should be ignored.
whssign.gif

Sponsored Links
I was asking BAS, she's got all the answers, ask her, she's the one saying nothing wrong with 13A s/o on lighting circuits.

I was asking BAS, she's got all the answers, ask her, she's the one saying nothing wrong with 13A s/o on lighting circuits.
No he's not the only one.

Is English your first language?

What is a lighting circuit?
I presume your objection is the 6A OPD; not that there are lights.

Please explain.

Watson - please- try to accept that nobody here needs any more proof that you are unable to understand straightforward English, and that nobody here needs any more examples of your seriously flawed thinking processes.

You're so funny, as soon as you sense a loss of the argument you invoke everybody else ie nobody here. I can assure you that hardly anybody here cares what you say but they do like a good laugh at what you say. BAS you are to this forum, what Basil Fawlty is to the hospitality industry.

No he's not the only one.

Is English your first language?

What is a lighting circuit?
I presume your objection is the 6A OPD; not that there are lights.

Please explain.

More contractor covering his ar$e nonsense. I've told you before it don't wash, I've seen and heard it all before.

So I wrote this:
NO, NO, NO. 13 amp sockets should not be put on lighting circuits.
Rubbish.

You are free to not do that in your house.

You are not free to tell other people things which are incorrect just because you wish that they were true.
And you, with your superb ability to understand English, and your incisive thinking skills, decide that I was saying that putting sockets on lighting circuits is usual, typical, or expected.

Why did you say "she" and "her"?

You're so funny, as soon as you sense a loss of the argument you invoke everybody else ie nobody here. I can assure you that hardly anybody here cares what you say but they do like a good laugh at what you say. BAS you are to this forum, what Basil Fawlty is to the hospitality industry.
And I can assure you that losing an argument is not what I am doing here.

You, on the other hand, are, just like your fellow window-licker, doomed from the start.

More contractor covering his ar$e nonsense. I've told you before it don't wash, I've seen and heard it all before.
And I (and others here, no matter what you think about that) have seen and heard ignorant idiots like you before, waffling, bumbling, getting it wrong, and generally giving "advice" which if you were charging for it would land you in court.

I wonder how long it will be before the penny drops for you that you are not welcome here, that your ignorant idiocy will never be tolerated, and that your waffling, bumbling, and incorrect "advice" will always be challenged.

So I wrote this:
And you, with your superb ability to understand English, and your incisive thinking skills, decide that I was saying that putting sockets on lighting circuits is usual, typical, or expected.

Why did you say "she" and "her"?

Cos, I don't what you are, probably some kind of bot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back