Using multifinish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister has a very small peice of wall, on the wall there is a small area (500mm x 500mm) where the plaster has blown, the depth of the damage is 3mm.

I can skim small areas so have agreed to go round tomorrow and sort it out.

Reading on this site, I should use bonding to fill the hole, wait for about 3 hrs then skim the complete wall, thing is, I can't sit around there for 3 hrs waiting for the bonding to go off, so;

Can I use multifinish to fill the whole, then (using the same mix) skim the whole wall?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You do not need to using bonding coat on a 3mm depth. But you cannot apply multi-coat directly on to walls without priming it first or it will crack.
Ideally you need to coat area with diluted PVA, allow that to dry, then reapply a further coat of PVA and let that go tacky before you skim wall.
You may find yourself sitting about for awhile. If I were you and sister is not to far away, is go around previous day and do first coat of primer, so it can be dry for next day, the second coat will not take long to go tacky.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back