Using oven supply for double socket

Oh sorry, well fit the 30A otherwise you will likely not be able to us WM and DW at the same time.

How far will the sockets be from the cooker outlet?

Sponsored Links
Oh sorry, well fit the 30A otherwise you will likely not be able to us WM and DW at the same time.

How far from the sockets be from the cooker outlet?

No dishwasher now, just washing machine and lights for gas cooker.Cooker outlet is gone, I'm using the cable for a double socket.

Yes thanks,but my query is what fuse rating do I use at the fuseboard to replace the one removed and lost by the builder?

Sponsored Links
Indeed - but the OP should be aware that if he is going to 'daisy chain' two (or more) sockets on a radial, he'll have to use at least 4mm² cable for the connection between the sockets (and, indeed, the connection to the first socket, if the cable is joined, rather than taking the existing 6mm² one all the way to the socket) if the circuit is being protected by a 30A fuse.

Kind Regards, John

Indeed - but the OP should be aware that if he is going to 'daisy chain' two (or more) sockets on a radial, he'll have to use at least 4mm² cable for the connection between the sockets (and, indeed, the connection to the first socket, if the cable is joined, rather than taking the existing 6mm² one all the way to the socket) if the circuit is being protected by a 30A fuse.
That's why I asked about the distance but as he is only going to fit one double socket it doesn't apply.

That's why I asked about the distance but as he is only going to fit one double socket it doesn't apply.
Fair enough. I guess it depends who he takes most notice of - he was previously advised to fit two single sockets, rather than a double.

Kind Regards, John

Fair enough. I guess it depends who he takes most notice of - he was previously advised to fit two single sockets, rather than a double.
Yes, that's what I thought and (also) why I asked about the distance but apparently the dish-washer has turned into a gas hob.

Yes, that's what I thought and (also) why I asked about the distance but apparently the dish-washer has turned into a gas hob.
Maybe. We obviously interpreted it differently. I took "No dishwasher now" to mean 'not yet' (i.e. to be added later) - but you seem to have taken it to mean 'new plan - no dishwasher ever, just gas hob'.

Kind Regards, John

How far will the sockets be from the cooker outlet?

No dishwasher now, just washing machine and lights for gas cooker.Cooker outlet is gone, I'm using the cable for a double socket.
Can only go on information given.

Just to confirm, I've fitted a double socket which will only be supplying a washing machine and light for the gas cooker. We now have no space for a dishwasher. It's 6mm2 cable approx 8 metres back to fuseboard with 30 amp fuse fitted. trust that's ok.
Many thanks to you all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back